4th Summer School on Data Assimilation and its applications: Oceanography, Hydrology, Risk & Safety and Reservoir Engineering
The goal is to get together experts in the field of data assimilation from different schools (statistics, system and control, pure mathematics, engineering, ... ) and to make use of their knowledge by
• Educating graduate students, young and senior researchers
• Knowledge transfer from the best lecturers to the students
• Exposing these new theoretical/algortihmic approaches and their applications to the Romanian academia and researchers
• Having extensive discussions and exchanging ideas
• Working hands-on with academia and commercial dedicated softwares.
This summer school targets primarily students and researchers at an early stage of their career with/without previous experience in data assimilation. Speakers and topics:
• Theoretical issues:
– Andreas Stordal (IRIS)- Particle filters and hybrid filters
– Geir Evensen (Statoil) - Ensemble Kalman Filter and its flavours
– Arnold Heemink (TU Delft) - Introductory talk on inverse modeling/data assimilation in geosciences
– Kees Lemmens (TU Delft) - Scientific Programming using C and Python; Parallel Programming using MPI; and GPU Programming using Cuda.
– Remus Hanea and Jon Satrom (Statoil and ResOptima)- Modern Reservoir characterization (Assisted History Matching) - Introduction and in-depth approaches.
– Roger Cooke (Resources for the Future) - Risk analysis and expert judgement basics and its applications
– Laurent Bertino (Nansen Center) - Ocean and climate applications
– Ben Ale (TU Delft) - Risk quantification, risk management and Safety issues.
– Cristian Dinu (DHI - Romania) - Hydrology and Hydromechanics applications using Mike
– Rahul Fonseca (TU Delft)and Alin Chitu (TNO) - Ensemble based robust optimization and its flavors (application in reservoir modeling)
– Martin Verlaan (Deltares) - The OpenDA data-assimilation toolbox Cultural program: In the weekend (25-26 July 2015): to be announced. Participants:
• graduate students
• Academia Registration fee:
• Students 400 Euros
• Researchers and Academia 800 Euros If you are interested in participating in this event please send an email to Remus Hanea, (rhaneATstatoil.com), and please attach a short description of your research and interest in this event.
|When:||Monday 20 July, 2015 12:00 pm EDT - Thursday 30 July, 2015 9:00 pm EDT|
|Where:||Universitatea Translivania, Brasov, Romania|